CENTRAL ENGINEER EXPERT/HEATING SURVEYOR (CEE)
Hometree is the UK heating industry's first digitally-led boiler installation company - leveraging technology to deliver a boiler installation service unlike anything seen in the industry before - at prices typically 35-50% cheaper than British Gas. It does so by selling online, cutting out unnecessary costs like home surveys and boiler sales people through the use of video consultations with Hometree Gas Safe experts, and through a simple online platform where homeowners can book appointments and installation dates, receive quotes, pay online, arrange finance and receive reminders about servicing.
The vision for Hometree is to build a next-generation energy company that provides the services every connected home needs. As consumers increasingly buy into smart home security, solar PV, energy storage and other connected devices that will need professional installation, Hometree’s proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best-in-class technology and customer service, twinned with its competitive and transparent pricing, will make it a natural choice for homeowners looking for one company to take care of everything. Starting in boilers, a large established market compared to some of the more nascent smart home ones, gives us the opportunity to show how Hometree can offer all these services with the level of transparency and immediacy that those who use online services have come to expect.
We are a two-year old business backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and angels. We have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe's leading start-ups, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
If you're good with people and looking for a change, Hometree can offer you an exciting career as a CEE!
As a CEE, you will be representing Hometree working closely with customers and the Hometree team ensuring customers get the best experience through every survey and interaction you have with them. We have found a simple yet innovative way of conducting surveys for customers at their homes using video technology.
You are expected to be well organised with good attention to detail. The role requires you to carry out customer surveys effectively using a range of technologies such as FaceTime and WhatsApp. You will need to be a good communicator and ensure the Hometree team and customers are updated on a regular basis, and any necessary reports are compiled and sent on time.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Delivering advice to prospective customers on which heating solution is best for their requirements
- Managing your diary on a daily basis with hourly slots where you're responsible for ensuring you make yourself available
- Carrying out the survey itself with customers using FaceTime or WhatsApp
- Ensure regular communications with the Hometree team to provide technical advice and to keep them updated on customer availability and any cancellations
- Update all necessary reports on the system with detailed explanations of what each heating solution will entail
- Create an accurate bill of quantities for each survey, and order relevant materials
Experience/skills we believe are needed for this role
- Minimum 5 years as a heating surveyor
- Knowledge of gas central heating
- Gas safe qualifications previously held if not renewed
- Experience in working with customers
- Health and safety knowledge. e.g. working at heights, hazardous waste etc.
- Comfortable with using technology to conduct video surveys
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Organised and structured with good attention to detail
Behaviours we value as a business
- Be solution led
- Deliver great performance: Be flexible with working hours to meet deadlines and lead by example
- Flexibility: Ability to work well in a flexible, "roll up your sleeves" and dynamic work environment - interested in building something from scratch - not dependent on big budgets and big teams to make stuff happen
- Connecting to our purpose and taking interest in sustainability a big plus
- Be authentic
What to expect
- Competitive salary
- Fun culture where hard work is rewarded
- Become an integral part of a young, growing business with high moral and social reward
- Joining the fastest-growing European start-up in the home services sector backed by world leading VCs and angel ventures