Hometree is the UK heating industry's first digitally-led boiler installation company - leveraging technology to deliver a boiler installation service unlike anything seen in the industry before - at prices typically 35-50% cheaper than British Gas. It does so by selling online, cutting out unnecessary costs like home surveys and boiler sales people through the use of video consultations with Hometree Gas Safe experts, and through a simple online platform where homeowners can book appointments and installation dates, receive quotes, pay online, arrange finance and receive reminders about servicing.
The vision for Hometree is to build a next-generation energy company that provides the services every connected home needs. As consumers increasingly buy into smart home security, solar PV, energy storage and other connected devices that will need professional installation, Hometree’s proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best-in-class technology and customer service, twinned with its competitive and transparent pricing, will make it a natural choice for homeowners looking for one company to take care of everything. Starting in boilers, a large established market compared to some of the more nascent smart home ones, gives us the opportunity to show how Hometree can offer all these services with the level of transparency and immediacy that those who use online services have come to expect.
We are a two-year old business backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and angels. We have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe's leading start-ups, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
As our Salesforce Admin, you will be closely working with the Salesforce team to release new projects for our internal business units (sales, operations, marketing, etc.) and keep improving our Salesforce instance continuously so that our teams are progressively more efficient.
Our Salesforce instance is the main system we use across the business, and, as such, the Salesforce Admin role is of great importance. Our instance is currently one year old, hence not particularly complex even if it is increasingly evolving in complexity. This position therefore presents a big opportunity for the right candidate not only to learn but to grow and help build a team for the development of Salesforce within HomeTree.
As a company we are highly operational at the moment, hence a big part of the role will be to automate as many of the processes and tasks as possible so that our sales and operations teams are more efficient on their day-to-day activities.
Some of the products we will be developing in 2018 include the following:
- Define & implement processes - stages, tasks & workflows: following the best standards in the industry, redefine the processes end-to-end so that, for instance, we have fewer stages and more actions/tasks to be completed on a stage-by-stage basis. Map out our processes and define the tasks and workflows, so that for every step in the process there is a pre-defined action (task, event etc.) that will move the project forward.
- Build Sales Console: build a single view in Console in which our agents are able to see all the information regarding a lead, opportunity or project (to be defined), have access to RingCentral, see the pricing engine and more generally, execute all needed actions to ensure the leads, opportunities and projects keep moving forward within the process.
- Sales Algorithm: build an algorithm within Salesforce that will prioritise the agents’ tasks and events dynamically based on a set number of parameters and will push them to the Sales Console. This can be done either by building it internally or by using a third party that offers such functionality.
- Field Force Salesforce: in order to coordinate our installer teams using salesforce apps. We will implement the Field Service Lightning Salesforce tool because of the scheduling and dispatching features it offers.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the Salesforce team to customise and develop our instance to implement the right process and rules providing the right level of automation for the business to operate
- Work closely with one of the founders to assist in the development of the Salesforce’ long term strategy
- Define and use the best processes and practices to have a robust end-to-end production process using industry standards (sandboxes, TDD etc.)
- Work with our Head of Sales and Head of Operations to keep increasing their teams’ effectiveness on a day-to-day basis
- Build our Salesforce instance by creating workflows, fields, triggers and anything that needs to be done
Key skills/qualifications for the role
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on Salesforce admin
- Experience in defining processes and workflows and then implementing them in Salesforce
- Fully confident in creating objects, fields, maps etc. in Salesforce to solve sales and operations needs via automation in Salesforce
- Exposure to building Consoles
- Be flexible with working hours to meet deadlines
- Ready to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment
- Scientific background or MSc will be a plus
Behaviours we value as a business
- Be solution led
- Deliver great performance: Be flexible with working hours to meet deadlines and lead by example
- Flexibility: Ability to work well in a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” and dynamic work environment – interested in building something from scratch – not dependent on big budgets and big teams to make stuff happen
- Connecting to our purpose and taking interest in sustainability a big plus
- Be authentic
- Competitive salary
- Fun culture where hard work is rewarded
- Become an integral part of a young, growing business with high moral and social reward
- Other benefits: Free coffee; New Mac; High resolution (2560 x 1440) 25inch monitor; free breakfast and drinks every other week
- Central London office