Hometree is a digital marketplace for smart-home and energy services, beginning by disrupting the old-fashioned heating installation market - leveraging technology to deliver an e-commerce service unlike anything seen in the home services industry before.
The vision for Hometree is to build a leading smart home business that provides the services every connected home needs. As consumers increasingly buy into smart security, solar PV, energy storage and other connected devices that will need professional installation, Hometree’s proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best in class technology and customer service, twinned with its competitive and transparent pricing, will make it a natural choice for homeowners looking for one company to take care of everything.
We are a two year old business backed by some of Europe’s leading VC’s and angels. We have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe’s leading start-up’s, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
We’re looking for a seasoned Scrum Master with experience leading teams with a wide range of backgrounds and technologies. We currently have two separate development teams, the first focuses on our website and apps and the second currently develops our CRM, Salesforce. We are therefore looking for a malleable Scrum Master to implement the best practices such as workflows, roles, processes and ceremonies in the agile world (scrum, kanban, etc.) for these two teams.
You’ll be a proficient organiser, an excellent listener and an outstanding facilitator who is able to lead the development teams to perform at their best and deliver high quality and high velocity output. As a plus, you’ll be excited to coach and become an evangelist of the agile movement within Hometree, so that other more traditional business units can start to think differently and adopt new and more agile processes.
You’ll report directly to the co-founder and CPO/CTO.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the management of the scrum or kanban processes for the two development teams to ensure timely and high quality deliveries.
- These processes include but are not limited to JIRA workflows, leading & planning meetings, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Collaborate closely with the product, design and other business units’ teams to ensure the quality of their requirements is adequate and up to the desired expectations for the dev teams to deliver in a timely manner.
- Work closely with one of the founders and other C-level executives to provide insights and reports on the development teams’ performance, releases and velocity as well as initiatives to improve the teams’ working environment and general well-being on an ongoing basis.
- As an agile practitioner, you’ll be act as an evangelist within Hometree and will present and teach the agile way to the rest of the company who live in a rather waterfall world.
- If you are considering being our Scrum Master, then you’re likely to be an extremely organised individual performing best in a dynamic environment that needs to be organically improved through controlled iterations.
- You are passionate about agile and understand the underlying practicalities of the application of agile methods in a constantly changing, challenging and growing working environment.
- Your default position is to listen and then listen more. You enjoy finding the real whys behind the obvious facade which allow you to execute on the changes that will drive the improvements you vividly desire.
- Communication is second nature to you and you thrive when delivering clear and concise messages, not only to the dev team but also to individuals lacking experience in agile methodologies.
Behaviours we value as a business
- Thinking Big
- Customer Obsession
- A Challenger Mentality
- Always Improving
- You Care
What to expect
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonuses, healthcare benefits and perks
- Fun culture where hard work is rewarded
- Become an integral part of a young growing business with high moral and social reward
- London Office (10 mins from Kings Cross, nearest Tube: Highbury & Islington)
- Join one of the fastest growing European start-up’s in the home services sector backed by world leading venture and angel investors