Skip to Main Content

Boiler Cover from Hometree

Join the UK's top-rated Boiler, Heating and Home Cover provider. Just select a package below to choose cover that best suits your needs. See our terms of business for more information.

Compare Boiler Cover Plans Below

All parts & labour included

All parts & labour inc

24hr Emergency line

24hr Emergency line

Unlimited callouts

Unlimited callouts

Price-match promise

No price hike promise


Call out fee

What is this?

All prices include relevant taxes

Why Choose Hometree?

Better, cheaper, home cover plans & great customer service.


90% of all emergency call-outs completed within 24 hours. Speak to us day or night.


We’ll never unfairly hike your prices if you haven’t had a call-out. Ever.


No matter the age or model, your boiler is protected. Can't fix it? We’ll give you 15% off a new one.


Switching to Hometree can save you at least 20% on renewal compared to other providers (based on survey of equivalent products from competitors dated 06/05/21)


Terms of business

To view our terms of business, please click here.

What cover packages do you provide?

We provide three packages:

- Your Boiler

This is your standard cover plan that includes an annual service of gas boiler, flue and controls. If you’re a landlord, you’ll also get a Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR).

- Your Heating

The heating plan includes standard boiler cover, plus central heating checks. Landlords get an LGSR too.

- Your Home

This includes boiler and heating cover, plus plumbing, drains, and home electrics checks and maintenance. Landlords also get an LGSR.

These 12-month cover plans are there to make sure your boiler runs perfectly now and in the future.

How does boiler cover with Hometree work?

There are different boiler cover plans to choose from, based on whether you’re a homeowner or a landlord. This is because there are some services that we provide that apply to both, and others that just apply to landlords.

Legally, landlords need their properties to be gas safe before they can rent them out. Flues need to be checked by a Gas Safe-registered engineer once a year. Once the checks are all done, the landlord is given an LGSR or Gas Safety Certificate, which confirms the property is gas safe. Tenants need to see a copy of this record or certificate, so by going for one of our landlord plans, you’ll be able to have this Gas-Safe proof ready for when they move in.

Our packages for landlords include details of what you need to remain compliant, which makes it easy to cover the essentials.

How do I choose my boiler cover plan?

Are you a homeowner or landlord? Do you want to pay monthly or annually? Do you want to pay a call-out fee? Whatever you need, you can easily see how much you’ll pay and what it includes when you use the sliders at the top of the page.

These sliders let you choose either homeowner or landlord, along with your billing options. We’ve also added call-out fee options here so you can see what your plan looks like before you sign up.

What’s included in each cover plan?

Each boiler cover plan is customised to suit both homeowners and landlords. Here’s a look at how we can help you, whichever type of property owner you are.

I’m a homeowner

If you own your own home, you’ll receive:

- Annual boiler service
Your boiler service includes checks to make sure your boiler and central heating are safe and working properly. If we find any faults during this check, we’ll try to fix them there and then.

We do various assessments as part of the service, including visual checks of your boiler. A gas efficiency and ventilation test is also carried out to make sure everything’s gas safe. We’ll also check your hot water cylinder, see if your radiators need bleeding, and check the pressure’s where it needs to be.

- Gas boiler, flue and controls
If your boiler breaks down, we’ll make sure it’s fixed and running smoothly. All parts and labour are included in our gas boiler cover plans and we cover issues with thermostats, programmers, valves and pumps.

- Gas supply pipe
This connects your gas appliances to your meter.

I’m a landlord

If you’re a landlord, you’ll receive an annual boiler service and repairs on your boiler and controls, plus:

- Inspection of your gas pipework
This is a legal requirement for landlords

- Inspection of your gas meter
This is also a legal requirement for landlords

- Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR)
Any gas appliances in a rental property need to be checked each year. Upon inspection, you’ll receive a gas safety certificate (LGSR). All engineers we work with are registered Gas Safe, so you can have added peace of mind with a boiler cover plan from us.

During your annual visit, we’ll check and service your boiler. If we find a fault, we’ll aim to fix it there and then if parts are available, to avoid any future issues.

What else can I get?

As well as all the above, you’ll get even more when you choose our heating or home cover packages.

Upgrading to one of our central heating cover plans will give you a full heating cover package. We’ll safeguard any of your radiators, valves or cylinders that need repairing.

The full home cover plan covers everything listed so far, plus repairs and services for drains and home electrics, along with our range of plumbing cover services:

  • Protection for your plumbing and water supply pipes
  • Unblocking of drains and waste pipes
  • Mains electrical wiring system checks and repairs – for example circuits, fuse boxes, sockets and light fittings

Not included:

  • Bathroom items such as sinks, toilet bowls and other ceramic items
  • Free replacement of your boiler (but we will pay 15% towards it if we install it)
  • Garden items
  • Showers and taps
  • Removal of sludge, scale or repairing damage caused by this
  • Outdoor electrics and heating
  • Accidental damage and faults caused by someone you used for repairs or design faults
  • Household appliances, such as fridges and washing machines

Whichever plan you select, whether you want the basic boiler cover to begin with or you want the full home plan, you can add our Gas Fire Protection offer when you check out. This add-on includes an annual gas fire service, so your fire is totally protected.

Do I need boiler cover?

So, do you need boiler cover? You might already have boiler cover as part of your insurance policy. Plus, the boiler itself might be under warranty.

But, if you’ve got an older boiler that’s been in the home for over 15 years, you might not be able to get it insured or you might be paying a premium to make sure it’s covered. Alternatively, you might find a fault with your boiler that doesn’t fall under the warranty. In these cases, it’s likely you’ll have to pay a lot to get it fixed.

A boiler cover plan protects you against all breakdowns, no matter how old your boiler is and whether it’s in warranty or not. This applies to our standard boiler cover packages as well as our full boiler, heating and plumbing cover options.

For homeowners, this adds an extra level of security, and for landlords, it’s another layer of cover if something goes wrong while your tenants are in the property. We want to give you added peace of mind, and trust that these packages do just that.

Why choose Hometree?

We think you’ll like what we do here at Hometree. Here are just some of the reasons why you should choose us for your boiler cover needs:

- Our no-price-hike promise

We’ll never unfairly raise the price of your boiler cover plan

- We’ll be there in no time

We get to 90% of call-outs within 24 hours, including evenings and weekends

- Rated ‘Excellent’

Our customers on Trustpilot have rated our services as ‘Excellent’

- 24-hour emergency manned phoneline

96% of calls are answered within a minute

- Save up to 25%

…compared to other providers when switching (based on survey of equivalent products from competitors dated 01/12/20)

What if I already have cover a plan somewhere else?

Already have a cover plan in place? No problem! It’s easy to switch from your current provider to Hometree boiler cover.

Call the provider you’re with to cancel and we’ll then get you set up with one of our boiler cover packages in just a few minutes.

Is there a call-out fee?

You can choose a call-out fee, which is the excess under your insurance policy of between £0 and £95. The monthly or annual price you pay varies depending on which call-out fee you select. So, you can choose a contract with no call-out fees and pay a little more for your cover plan or go with a contract that has a lower price but comes with a £60 or £95 call-out fee.

The £60 or £95 call-out fee options mean you will only need to pay once for each fault in the contract period. Our expert engineers will assess whether it’s the same fault.

To see the difference between the three call-out fee options, select each in turn at the top of this page. This gives you a quick view of the price difference between them.

Is my boiler type covered?

Absolutely! All Hometree packages include cover and repairs for gas boilers of all ages and from any manufacturer.

If the boiler is old, we’ll work hard to fix it. However, the manufacturer will eventually stop making spare parts that fit. This means you’ll need to replace it with a new one, but don’t worry. We’ll let you know before you reach that point so that you have plenty of warning.

When do I book my annual boiler service?

To book your annual boiler service, get in touch on 0800 368 9881 and we’ll arrange to come out to you. We’ll book your service on a date that suits you – weekday or weekend, morning, afternoon or evening.

How do I sign up with Hometree?

Sign up by following the steps in the section above or use our ‘Get a Quote’ page to choose the package that works for you. When you’re ready, hit the ‘Buy Now’ button.

You can also request a call-back or give us a call on 0800 368 9881 and one of our experienced team will be happy to help.

Boiler Cover Guide

Why boiler cover?

Worried about your boiler breaking down during a cold-spell just when you need it the most?

To protect your heating system from anything that happens in the future, you can enjoy added peace of mind by taking out boiler and central heating cover.

What is boiler cover?

Boiler cover is a policy that protects you if things go wrong with your boiler. Entry-level policies cover the basics, such as the cost of calling out a Gas Safe-registered engineer and their labour, as well as any replacement parts that are needed to get the problem sorted.You may not have to pay for any of this as your policy may cover you.

You might hear this referred to as boiler breakdown cover or gas boiler cover, but they all refer to the same thing and include the same services. As well as the standard policy, there are generally types of cover available that also include boiler servicing and other levels of protection for the home.

How does it work?

If you have boiler cover, you’ll normally pay a set amount either monthly or annually, depending on the payment plan you’ve chosen. Like any other type of cover, the policy you’ve selected might work in different ways and include different things.

For instance, there may be a no-claims period where you may not be able to make a might not be able to make a claim for a repair that occured during that period. Or your policy might include a limit for the number of call-outs you can make in a year.

What does boiler cover include?

Generally boiler cover and service options are designed to protect key areas of the home. They’re tailored for both homeowners and landlords, and include additional services to help keep landlords compliant.

Here’s an overview of the three levels of boiler and central heating cover you'll typically find:

Boiler cover
Standard boiler cover includes an annual service of your boiler, along with checks of your flue and controls, such as the thermostat or valves. Are you a landlord? You’ll usually get a Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR).

Heating cover
This covers you for all the standard boiler services, plus central heating checks and any repairs that are needed. With this cover, landlords usually get an LGSR.

Home cover
Home cover normally includes everything you get with your boiler and heating cover, plus plumbing, drains, and home electrics checks, along with any maintenance that needs to be carried out. Landlords also get an LGSR.

At Hometree, whichever level of cover you choose, you can also add add-ons such as Gas Fire Protection. This includes an annual gas fire service, so your fire is also protected.

What type of cover should I choose?

So, how do you find the policy that is the best fit for you? To decide, it’s worth considering what you think needs to be protected. Boiler cover is there for repairing and maintaining your boiler and the controls, while heating cover protects your boiler and controls, along with radiators, cylinders, or valves that need repairing.

Weigh up what you think needs to be protected and see which plan could work for you.

Do I need boiler breakdown cover?

If you own your home or you’re a landlord with a rental property, you can cover your boiler and heating system to avoid being hit with a large bill if anything goes wrong.

This type of cover might not be for everyone, but it could be useful if your boiler is not already protected under your home insurance. Some words of caution, some providers may not cover your boiler if it on the older side (more than 10 years) or they may increase the amount you pay based on this.

Boiler breakdown cover can protect you from sudden unexpected costs and is designed to help you avoid being caught out, while saving you money in the long run.

I’m a landlord. Do I need cover for my buy-to-let?

As a landlord, you’ll know that the boiler in your rental property is your responsibility. You’ll need to pay for any repairs it needs, along with the call-out fee and labour costs for an engineer. Unless you already have boiler cover in place as part of any landlord insurance policy you’ve taken out, the boiler might not be covered.

Landlord boiler cover takes all the stress out of any issues that come up. Breakdowns are sorted without you having to search for local engineers or worry about finding the money to pay for expensive repairs.

Plus, if you take out a policy, whether that’s the standard boiler cover or full home boiler and heating cover, you may also get an LGSR as part of your annual service.

Why could boiler and heating cover be useful?

There are a few reasons why this type of cover could work for you:

  • It can provide added peace of mind, especially if your boiler is older and more likely to break down more often.
    Homecover providers tend to have access to their own network of engineers to call upon so you won’t have to find one yourself.
  • Depending on the level of cover you choose, most core packages protect one or more of several areas in your home, most commonly, plumbing, electrics, drainage issues central heating and standard boiler cover.
  • Will I need to pay an excess every time I need a repair?
    This will depend on your contract. Some policies may apply an excess to all repairs, some just for unrelated faults.

Will I pay excess for my annual service?

In most cases, your annual service call-out will be included as part of your policy so you shouldn’t have to pay an excess for this.