Boiler, Heating and Home Cover for Landlords

Our tailor-made Landlord insurance cover plans allow you to choose the package that best meets your needs. Please tell us which services you would like by selecting a package below. See our terms of business for more information.

Compare Boiler Cover Plans Below




Call out fee

What is this?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

What’s your perfect home cover plan?

Why Choose Hometree?

Better, cheaper, home cover plans & great customer service.

Speedy solutions

90% of all emergency call-outs completed within 24 hours. Speak to us day or night.


We’ll never unfairly hike your prices if you haven’t had a call-out. Ever.


No matter the age or model, your boiler is protected. Can’t fix it? We’ll give you 15% off a new one.


Switching to Hometree can save you at least 20% on renewal compared to other providers (based on survey of equivalent products from competitors dated 06/05/21)

What our customers say about our boiler & heating insurance

FAQs and terms & conditions

To view our terms of business, please click here

Our affordable boiler cover protection packages provide total cover, 365 days a year.

Hometree’s nationwide network of Gas Safe boiler engineers are ready and waiting in an emergency.

Our helpline is staffed 24/7/365 and we’ll deal directly with your tenants. This means you can sit back, relax and enjoy total boiler safety wherever you are in the world.

We’ll also provide all the essential checks too, including the annual Gas Safety Check and certificate (CP12)

The best bit? Boiler cover costs can be as low as 56p per day!

Landlord cover includes:

  • Boiler breakdown cover
  • Emergency call-outs if your boiler breaks
  • Free annual boiler service
  • Gas Safety Check and Certificate (CP12)
  • Parts and labour for all boiler issues
  • On-call support from UK-based heating engineers
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Unlimited call-outs
  • All work completed by Gas safe registered plumbing engineers

We provide three packages:

– Your Boiler

This is your standard cover plan that includes an annual service of gas boiler, flue and controls. If you’re a landlord, you’ll also get a Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR).

– Your Heating

The heating plan includes standard boiler cover, plus central heating checks. Landlords get an LGSR too.

– Your Home

This includes boiler and heating cover, plus plumbing, drains, and home electrics checks and maintenance. Landlords also get an LGSR.
These 12-month cover plans are there to make sure your boiler runs perfectly now and in the future.

Boiler cover is a policy (type of insurance) that protects you if things go wrong with your boiler. Entry-level policies cover the basics, such as the cost of calling out a Gas Safe-registered engineer and their labour, as well as any replacement parts that are needed to get the problem sorted.You may not have to pay for any of this as your policy may cover you.

You might hear this referred to as boiler breakdown cover, boiler insurance cover or gas boiler cover, but they all refer to the same thing and include the same services. As well as the standard policy, there are generally types of cover available that also include boiler servicing and other levels of protection for the home.

How long does the average boiler last?

Most boilers last for between 10 to 15 years, but regular maintenance often ensures they last a lot longer. Remember, servicing a boiler is a lot less expensive than replacing one.

Is boiler cover the same as boiler insurance?

Boiler cover and boiler insurance are the same, however, boiler maintenance and care plans are 2 different things. Boiler insurance as a product is backed by the FCA (financial conduct authority) whilst care plans are not.

There are different boiler cover plans to choose from, based on whether you’re a homeowner or a landlord. This is because there are some services that we provide that apply to both, and others that just apply to landlords.
Legally, landlords need their properties to be gas safe before they can rent them out. Flues need to be checked by a Gas Safe-registered engineer once a year. Once the checks are all done, the landlord is given an LGSR or Gas Safety Certificate, which confirms the property is gas safe. Tenants need to see a copy of this record or certificate, so by going for one of our landlord plans, you’ll be able to have this Gas-Safe proof ready for when they move in.

Our home emergency cover packages for landlords include what you need to remain compliant, which makes it easy to cover the essentials.

Your boiler cover choices include:

Cheap Boiler Cover – Boiler only cover is the cheapest option, and it provides basic protection to your boiler and controls.
Boiler and Central Heating Cover – Offers cover for your boiler and central heating system, including radiators, pumps and pipes.
Comprehensive Cover – The most expensive form of insurance comprehensive protects everything including your drains, pipes and electrics.

Are you a homeowner or landlord? Do you want to pay monthly or annually? Do you want to pay a call-out fee? Whatever you need, you can easily see how much you’ll pay and what it includes when you use the sliders at the top of the page.

These sliders let you choose either homeowner or landlord, along with your billing options. We’ve also added call-out fee options here so you can see what your plan looks like before you sign up.

Each boiler cover plan is customised to suit both homeowners and landlords. Here’s a look at how we can help you, whichever type of property owner you are.

I’m a homeowner

If you own your own home, you’ll receive:
– Annual boiler service
Your boiler service includes checks to make sure your boiler and central heating are safe and working properly. If we find any faults during this check, we’ll try to fix them there and then.

We do various assessments as part of the service, including visual checks of your boiler. A gas efficiency and ventilation test is also carried out to make sure everything’s gas safe. We’ll also check your hot water cylinder, see if your radiators need bleeding, and check the pressure’s where it needs to be.
– Gas boiler, flue and controls

If your boiler breaks down, we’ll make sure it’s fixed and running smoothly. All parts and labour are included in our gas boiler cover plans and we cover issues with thermostats, programmers, valves and pumps.
– Gas supply pipe
This connects your gas appliances to your meter.

I’m a landlord

If you’re a landlord, you’ll receive an annual boiler service and repairs on your boiler and controls, plus:
– Inspection of your gas pipework
This is a legal requirement for landlords
– Inspection of your gas meter
This is also a legal requirement for landlords
– Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR)

Any gas appliances in a rental property need to be checked each year. Upon inspection, you’ll receive a gas safety certificate (LGSR). All engineers we work with are registered Gas Safe, so you can have added peace of mind with a boiler cover plan from us.
During your annual visit, we’ll check and service your boiler. If we find a fault, we’ll aim to fix it there and then if parts are available, to avoid any future issues.

What else can I get?

As well as all the above, you’ll get even more when you choose our heating or home cover packages.
Upgrading to one of our central heating cover plans will give you a full heating cover package. We’ll safeguard any of your radiators, valves or cylinders that need repairing.

The full home cover plan covers everything listed so far, plus repairs and services for drains and home electrics, along with our range of plumbing cover services:

  • Protection for your plumbing and water supply pipes
  • Unblocking of drains and waste pipes
  • Mains electrical wiring system checks and repairs – for example circuits, fuse boxes, sockets and light fittings

Not included:

  • Bathroom items such as sinks, toilet bowls and other ceramic items
  • Free replacement of your boiler (but we will pay 15% towards it if we install it)
  • Garden items
  • Showers and taps
  • Removal of sludge, scale or repairing damage caused by this
  • Outdoor electrics and heating
  • Accidental damage and faults caused by someone you used for repairs or design faults
  • Household appliances, such as fridges and washing machines

Whichever plan you select, whether you want the basic boiler cover to begin with or you want the full home plan, you can add our Gas Fire Protection offer when you check out. This add-on includes an annual gas fire service, so your fire is totally protected.

Can you have complete confidence that your central heating system and boiler are working, 365 days a year? If your boiler breaks, you’ll be glad you have dedicated landlord boiler cover.

Our boiler cover packages are ideal for landlords who want a complete safety solution. We can ensure your tenants enjoy a hot water supply and a warm home at all times.

As well as boiler repair, our Gas Safe Engineers perform safety checks to heating plumbing systems you need to complete, including the 12-monthly boiler service and CP12.

We aim to respond within 24 hours and should be able to restore the hot water supply or fix a broken boiler during our visit using approved parts. We’ll deal directly with your tenants, too.

You can pay for your boiler cover per month at a low cost per property.

Sometimes, boilers break. If they do, we’ll do our best to fix the problem quickly and with the minimum of fuss and hassle.
Whatever the problem with your boiler, we’ll find it and fix it.
Common issues include issues with the hot water supply and boiler and central heating breakdowns. You may have an issue with the boiler controls and electrics, the plumbing, and gas supply.

Our emergency call-out service is on-hand for your tenants too. Trust us, if your tenants are having problems with your boiler, heating system, or hot water, you’ll know about it quickly.

You or your tenants can call our UK-based helpline to make a claim, and we’ll get the ball rolling. Our helpline is staffed 24/7 by our emergency team of experts. Here’s what you get:

  • Fault-finding – Our engineers will come to your property and diagnose the problem.
  • High-quality boiler repairs – We will perform repairs using approved replacement parts. Using officially licensed parts ensures we don’t invalidate your boiler warranty during our emergency repairs. You also got a complete parts labour guarantee on the work we carry out on your gas boiler.
  • Affordable cover – Depending on the insurance you have chosen, you could be covered for the total cost of all boiler breakdown repairs, labour included.
  • We focus on a fix – We aim to fix your boiler if we can. However, if the maximum cost per repair is higher than the cost of a replacement boiler, we’ll let you know.
  • Total protection – We provide complete parts and labour cover for your property portfolio, including unlimited call-outs.
  • Worried about costs? We’ll provide a complete breakdown of services, including what’s covered in your insurance policy, in your personalised quote.

You’ll also find details of any insurance excess you may be liable for.

You won’t be covered for any pre-existing issues with your boiler and central heating system.

Generally speaking, all boiler cover packages will offer the same thing. The main difference likely to be the excess cost for call outs, the accessibility to a helpline (whether it’s 24/7 or not), and the monthly cost of the cover package. The most important factor to consider when choosing any cover is making sure that it’s suitable for your needs. Some policies may only cover a certain number of repairs and breakdowns in a year. It’s important to compare boiler cover before you decide on which package to go for.

Our landlord insurance for boilers covers all makes and models from all manufacturers. When you complete your boiler cover quote, we’ll ask you for details of what boiler you have in each property.

Don’t know what boiler you’ve got? Check the logo to find the manufacturer and check it over to find the model. It’s usually found near the controls and electrics.

In most cases, we can respond to breakdown emergencies within 24-hours timeframe. That should keep your tenants happy!

No, we do not cover boilers installed in commercial properties.

If you’re deciding on the cover you’d like to get for your home, it’s important to know the difference between boiler cover and central heating cover. Boiler cover is solely there to protect your boiler and controls, whereas central heating cover applies for your entire central heating system (your boiler, controls, pipework, cylinder, and much more). Central heating system cover is typically referred to as boiler and central heating cover as it covers more than just the boiler.

A lot of people believe that boiler cover is a waste of money if they have a warranty, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Your boiler’s manufacturer warranty is only there in case the boiler runs into a fault or breaks down within a certain number of years, but with more terms and conditions applied. For example, if your boiler breaks down due to issues found in other areas of your central heating system, this may not be covered under your warranty.
With that in mind, you’d have to pay a possibly large sum of money to repair your boiler, not to mention paying extra for your annual service visit. Boiler cover, in turn, ensures that you are covered for all boiler faults and breakdowns, without the need to pay for an annual boiler service visit as that is usually included ( but not always).

As part of our cover, you’ll get a Gas Safety Check and Certificate for your rental property. Let’s look at these in more detail:

Gas boiler safety checks

All gas appliances need to be checked every year by a gas safe registered engineer. When all checks have been completed, you’ll receive a Landlord Gas Safety Record or Gas Safety certificate which details everything we’ve done.
Every landlord must-have a gas safety certificate for every property with a gas boiler. No ifs or buts.

Gas safety record

Once you’ve performed all gas safety checks, you’ll need to provide a gas safety record to your tenants. The CP12 demonstrates that you have completed all checks and that the property is safe.
You’ll need to give your tenants a copy of the gas safety record within 28 days of the checks being carried out.

Service your boiler

You need to ensure your boiler is serviced every year. During a boiler service, a qualified Gas Safe engineer will check over your boiler.

We look in more detail about what’s included in an annual boiler service below.

Your annual boiler service is a crucial part of your boiler cover package, but precisely what do you get for your money?

  • Visual checks – Your gas safe approved engineer will check that your boiler still meets current standards. They will check the boiler over and look at the gas supply and all other pipework. They’ll check the boiler’s flame. If the central heating is on, they’ll check that your central heating radiators are working during the boiler service. It’s a complete heating plumbing check.
  • Boiler casing removal – During a boiler service, your engineer will then remove the boiler casing. They’ll check and test all essential components, including the controls, the heat exchanger, burner, spark probe and injector.
  • Gas pressure checks – Your gas boiler needs to be operating at the optimum pressure to power the central heating system, so this is another thing your engineer will check during your boiler service.
  • Boiler fire-up and test – Your engineer will fire your boiler up and ensure it’s in tip-top condition.
  • External checks – Your engineer will check the flue, ensuring there are no blockages that could obstruct harmful fumes from escaping.

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about our services.

Is my boiler service included?

Yes, you receive a free yearly boiler service as part of your boiler insurance cover package.

We cover boiler types of all ages and from all makes and manufacturers.

Do you provide a gas safety certificate?

Yes. You’ll receive a Gas Safety Certificate every year as part of your central heating cover plan.

How much does boiler insurance cover cost?

Hometree boiler cover can cost as little as 56p a day per property.

The costs of your landlord cover insurance package will depend on your service agreement, the age of your boiler and other factors.

We can provide you with the lowest cost quote per month, including issuing a gas safety certificate (CP12). Our engineers can service gas safety appliances.

How do I pay for landlord boiler insurance?

Like your car insurance or home insurance, you can choose to pay for your boiler breakdown cover every month.
When you choose one of our landlord boiler insurance packages, you’ll be covered the day you sign up. However, you can’t claim until 14-days after your repair cover has started.

We don’t cover you from any pre-existing issues with your boiler or central heating system.

Hometree is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for our boiler cover packages. We are licensed to provide financial services, including the sale of insurance products.

What is included in my cover?

We provide all the annual boiler safety checks, including your annual service CP12 certificate (called a Gas Safety certificate). In a boiler breakdown or emergency, we will attempt to repair your boiler.

Our customers are covered for all aspects of your boiler, including the electrics, boiler controls and essential internal components.
Depending on your package, you may need to pay a small extra cost for call outs or repairs. Check your home care service agreement documents for details on the call out fee.

What isn’t included in my cover?

We don’t deal with plumbing problems or issues with your plumbing drainage system. We only work on natural gas boilers, not electric boilers.

You may be covered on landlord buildings insurance policies. Some provide drainage cover and home security cover too. It’s worth checking before making a claim.

Will you fix my central heating system?

We can deal with heating plumbing issues, such as a lack of water flow to the boiler, or issues with boiler controls.

Our Gas Safe Engineers will assess the problem to see if it’s an economical repair. If it is, we’ll get it working as soon as possible.

We can’t fix issues with your gas supplies, central heating systems, warm air systems, or pre-existing faults.

Your landlord insurance policy covers rental properties. Landlord cover does not include your own home.

How can I let you know there’s a boiler problem?

Hometree’s landlord’s boiler cover customers can call our helpline 24 hours a day to report an issue or emergency. Our engineers will attempt to fix your boiler using genuine replacement parts.
Your monthly direct debit covers you for unlimited call-outs and repairs in your low per month payment. We offer a complete parts labour guarantee on all work too.

Are you COVID-19 safe?

We take the safety of our customers and engineers seriously and will protect your tenants too. Our services are all COVID 19 safe.

How many repairs can I claim for?

Our landlord boiler and central heating cover includes unlimited call-outs while you’re covered. No matter how many repairs you need, you’re protected.
Depending on which one of our home cover service plans you choose, there may be a call-out fee. (Check your insurance policy documents).

How much does it cost?

Speak to our contact centre and we’ll provide a price for your home care service agreement. Costs can be as low as 56p per day.
Every year we’ll send you details of your renewal price. All renewal prices reflect ongoing operating costs, but we aim to keep your monthly cost as low as possible. Don’t worry, we’ll contact you long before your renewal date.

Can I trust Hometree?

Hometreee is UK based and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide landlord over. Landlord’s boiler cover is insurance designed specifically for heating systems in a rental property.

What Our Plans Come With

All of our plans come with comprehensive, all year round protection as
standard. All of our plans come with unlimited callouts, a UK-based helpline, all
parts & labour included, and nationwide coverage.

Parts & labour

All parts and labour included in your price

Unlimited call-outs

Your plan comes with unlimited call-outs

24/7 UK-based helpline

Our UK-based team are always happy to help

Nationwide Coverage

No matter your location, we’ve got you covered