Terms and conditions
Cover and maintenance plans
If you're an insurance customer, you can access the terms and conditions for your plan here.
If you're a non-insurance customer, you can access the terms and conditions for your plan here.
If you're an essentials customer, you can access the terms and conditions for your plan here.
Customer referral programme
To access the T&Cs for our customer referral programme, please click here.
Looking to refer a friend to Hometree? Click here.
To access the T&Cs for our promotions, please click here.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- Terms of website use
- Other applicable terms
- Your use of our service is subject to these terms in their entirety and by using the service you agree to be bound by them.
- You need to register with us to fully access the service and provide as a minimum your proper name, e-mail address, and a password. The details provided by you on registration or changed at any later time must be correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to this information by updating your personal details via the website. The company may contact you periodically to confirm that your registration details are up-to-date.
- You are the only person who is permitted to use your username/ email and password; you must keep them confidential and not disclose or share them with anyone else.
- If you know or suspect that someone else knows your username/ email and password you should notify us by using the Contact Us form on the website.
- If the company believes that there is a breach of security or misuse of the service, we may require you to change your password or we may terminate your account.
- If you purchase services from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply (www.hometree.co.uk/legal.html) will apply to the quality of work provided.
- Each of the provisions of these terms and conditions is distinct and severable from the others. If at any time one or more of those provisions is or becomes invalid, unlawful or unenforceable (whether wholly or partly), the validity, lawfulness and enforceability of the remaining provisions (or the same provision to any other extent) will not be affected or impaired in any way.
- We may agree to amend these terms and conditions in order to ensure the terms are valid, lawful and enforceable.
- Information about us
www.hometree.co.uk is a site operated by Hometree Marketplace Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09808066 and have our registered office at Hamilton House, 4 Mabledon Place, King’s Cross, London, WC1H 9BB.
- Changes to these terms
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- Any changes to the terms and conditions to access the site will be uploaded to the site directly. By continuing to use the site, you agree to be bound by the updated terms and conditions.
- Changes to our site
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Accessing our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
- Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, you hereby agree that any information, photos, material or drawings you upload to the site is uploaded on a nonexclusive basis. You hereby grant us a nonexclusive, irrevocable right to use such materials as we see fit without any royalty.
- No reliance on information
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Limitation of our liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply (www.hometree.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions).
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page and any other page within our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third party links and resources in our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Applicable law
- Trade marks
“Hometree” is a UK registered trademark of Hometree Marketplace Limited.
- Contact us
To contact us, please email email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.