Full Stack Developer (Mid-Level)
Hometree is a Smart Home Services & InsureTech business based in London which provides a suite of insurance & maintenance products to homeowners & landlords that provide breakdown cover on a range of essential household items such as heating, electrics and plumbing.
The vision for Hometree is to be the go-to provider of peace of mind services in the home by making homes safer, hassle-free and better for the environment. As homes become increasingly complex through smart home security, solar PV, energy storage and other connected devices customers will look to one company to take care of everything. Hometree’s proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best in class technology and customer service, twinned with its competitive and transparent pricing, will make it a natural choice for homeowners.
We are a five-year-old business backed by some of Europe’s leading VC’s and angels. We have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe’s leading start-up’s, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
We are looking to hire a Full Stack Developer to join the Engineering team at Hometree. If you enjoy technical problem solving, designing software architecture for scale, paying attention to detail, thinking outside of the box, are organised and strive to make customers happy, this could be just what you are looking for.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain AWS web applications and software architectures
- Maintaining hands-on knowledge and ownership of current best practices for standards-based technologies and departmental processes
- Write and own/gatekeep technical documentation
- Building proof-of-concept mock-ups and rapid prototypes
- Maintaining and refactoring existing code and functionality
- Mentoring other developers
- Work collaboratively across the business in a multi-functional role
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Desirable: AWS serverless infrastructure (Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, S3)
- Desirable: Architecture/DevOps/Infrastructure
- Desirable: LitElement or React
- Desirable: Scalable relational database design
- Passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with a love for constant learning and personal development.
- An ability to get things done quickly.
- A team player who works well with others as well as individually.
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?”
Behaviours we value as a business
- Radical Candour - Respectful but brutally honest
- Ownership - Own your results without complacency
- Obsessed - Customer obsessed, everything else secondary
- Trust in Teamwork - Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Speed - Fast, data-driven decisions and results
What you can expect
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. Hometree doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Hometree’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make enough space for a fulfilling home life too). We also offer study leave and flexible working from home post probation.
We are 10 minutes from Kings Cross, with the nearest Tube station being Highbury & Islington. This is your opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing European startups' in the home services sector backed by world-leading venture capitalists and angel investors. To set you up for success we will provide you with a MacBook Air, provide a company Breakfast every Thursday, drinks every Friday at 5pm along with quarterly company wide social events. To top it off, all employees receive a Perkbox subscription with a host of perks and medical cover.
If you're interested, please send us your details along with your CV by clicking the button below.